Monday, February 25, 2013

Wow time gets away from me

Sitting here at my desk and I realize that I haven't blogged in a while...Shame on me!!

Much has happened since the beginning of the year. After two bouts of being very ill, two mental breakdowns and much more time feeling sorry for myself....I am admitting defeat.  I have never quit anything in my life until now.  S and my vicar say "You're not quitting you're just taking a break".  Well it doesn't feel like it to me.  I have decided to take a year leave of absence from graduate school.  I have so many mixed emotions about this it's still hard to write them all out.
Fear
Relief
Anger
Sadness
Happiness
Confusion
Numbness
I do have to admit that after I made the decision I immediately felt like a weight had been lifted off me. I still hate the fact that I am no longer working on my Master's and part of me think I won't go back, but right now, right at the moment it's what I need to do.

Soooo... since I don't have homework anymore. I have been reading like crazy.  I finally finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman, it was fantastic!  I also started and finished (two days later) A Million Little Pieces by James Frey and have started another book: When You Are Engulfed In Flames by David Sedaris.

On a side note:  I found my first white hair!!!!  Argh

No comments: